Monday, January 3, 2011

Makeup Look of the Day: The Vamp

      Very 1920's, the Vamp is a tribute to silent film stars such as Clara Bow (below right).  It should look a little bit...well, scary.  Demi Moore's (below left) face transforms perfectly into this role.....the look is all about angled eyes and a dark, dark over-drawn lip.  Women with dark eyes and dark hair have an advantage at pulling off this look.  I'm definitely not the most fitting model for it, but I'm content with my own interpretation.   The Vamp is not to be taken too literally (unless you are attending a costume party).  It's just something to have fun and experiment with, and maybe take away an idea or two to add to your normal routine.





















                       PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT

I was supposed to use a dark-toned lip pencil, which I didn't have, so I had to think outside the box and use my L'Bel Paris Defini Eyeliner in Capuccino.  It's more of a burgundy-brown as you can see in the picture to the left.  I think it passes quite well as a lip liner! Also, if you look closely, you can see that I overdrew both my top and bottom lips.  I also made the width of my mouth narrower by applying foundation to the outer corners (you can really notice this on Demi).  


No comments:

Post a Comment